Kensu is a US company with its headquarters in Milano and Belgium and team members across several countries in Europe.
It is a multicultural and fast-growing well-funded scale-up company looking to grow its R&D team in the Milano offices, the Talend Garden Merano.
Kensu's ambitious mission is to ensure that all data-driven companies are using their data in a sustainable way while mixing economical and competitive advantages with ethical and efficient fashion.
To this end, Kensu has brought to the market the "Data Activity Manager", an innovative solution using automated data lineage monitoring and data quality analysis based on advanced graph analytics.
The Data Activity Manager constitutes the only custom-made data governance and data quality solution ensuring automated governance. This performance system is to offer daily support, compliance and performance activities.
You may have noticed that data governance and data quality has become a very active/hot area this year and this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 15 years.
Kensu is clearly a visionary and thought-leader in the automated data governance and quality in the new fast-pace era of, not only data but, data science.
The Data Activity Manager R&D team is in the center for many of the company value proposition and development to ensure data are used in an efficient, profitable and ethical manner - in one word, sustainable.
The R&D team is a key component of Kensu’s technology that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of the solution and data services that drive innovation for our customers.
Metadata and Quality Data are the most valuable asset in Kensu. The R&D team is dedicated to developing advanced technology (e.g. Graph Analytics, Machine Learning, and Streaming Data), systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use.
Kensu is seeking a Data Product Architect in the R&D team to act as one of the key technology leaders to build and manage Kensu’s data and technology assets in the Data Activity Manager, build and maintain Kensu on-premises and cloud solutions, and enable wide range of use cases to be deployed and operate in our customers environment.
This individual will act as a trusted technical advisor and strategic thought leader to the Data Platform department.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the data governance and data quality space especially in event source, streaming and data analytics areas and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant changes; developing/implementing strategies and processes that enable Kensu to innovate and grow fast.
You will have the opportunity to lead, participate, guide, and mentor other people in the team on architecture and design in a hands-on manner.
You are responsible for the strategic and technical direction of the Kensu Data Activity Manager’s core system.
This position reports to the CEO and collaborates closely with the:
- Release Manager in charge of the development of tooling and production environments (on-premises and cloud).
- Customer Services Manager in charge of the implementation of the integration with customers and their satisfaction.
The position will be based in Milano, IT.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide Architectural leadership and vision for Kensu’s Data Activity Manager. Develop and maintain an architectural roadmap for the product in alignment with the business strategy and customers’ requirements. Able to develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed architectures and solutions to a wide range of audiences.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the design and management of data for data applications, formulate best practices and organize processes for data management, quality, governance, and evolution.
- Contribute to the Data Activity Manager strategies and roadmap development to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies. Ability to translate business concepts into technical terms. Understands and communicates company goals and objectives.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Define and drive technology standard and best practices in the Data Activity Manager, and lead some key projects.
- Oversee and sign off key architecture artifacts in the product.
- Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Engage with Data Activity Manager customers/partners to understand their needs and provide suggestions/guidance on what data platform techniques are appropriate to solve their problems with pros/cons articulated clearly.
- Drive internal proof of concept initiatives. When needed, quickly design and implement a prototype of a system or component with proper architecture, and then hand over to (may lead) a small group of devs to finish.
- Provide mentorship and help team growth especially on the technical side.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field.
- Experienced technology leader with 6-10 years of software development experience including 2+ years of data application or data platform architecture experience with deep technology expertise in the following:
- Expertise in the design and management of complex data structures and data processes.
- Experience with event sourcing, streaming data technologies.
- Hands-on design/coding experience/skills using languages like Scala, Golang and/or Python.
- Strong (micro) service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability targetting enterprise systems or cloud.
- Technical background in data of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition and processing, data management, (distributed) processing, and high availability is required. Experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence of production systems is a plus.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with a good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including the ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- SQL/NoSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Postregsql, OrientDB, Redis.
- ETL, Data Warehousing, Metadata management, Data Governance.
- Web Services (REST/ GraphQL).
- Experience in data application/platform instrumentation, measurement, log data processing, and monitoring.
- Experience in distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware, user interface development, and information security engineering.