WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for backend application engineering encompassing micro services interacting with different aspects of products, from front-end to system operations and deployment, by insuring a great code quality and alignment with the overall architecture of the product.
Your daily job will be split between shipping features, reviewing other developers code, mentoring and training less experienced developers.
You will interact daily with a Product manager, and the VP Engineering by being a force of proposition in the design and architecture, before leading the implementation of ideas into the wider strategic road-map.
- Micro service oriented architecture
- ReactJS on Front End
- Postgres , RabbitMQ as backend storage and queuing system
- OrientDB for Graph Processing services
- Go, Scala (JVM) based backend services
- Traefik, Consul, Virtualbox, Docker, Azure Cloud, e etc.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineer with a product focused mindset, willingness to lead a team of developers, and interest in data governance.
Ideally you would have :
- At least five years of extensive development experience of building solid backend
- services in a Web environment or web based startup
- At least three years experience in leading a team of developers, many of them remotely,
- Experience in mentoring and leadership
- Five years in building applications in Go, Scala or JVM based language
- Good knowledge of architecture and design principles for distributed systems
- Knowledge of security best practices for web services
- Knowledge of Graph processing concepts and algorithms
- Autonomy, fast learning attitude
- Great communication skills
- Experience on GDPR or data regulation projects
- Experience with remote working
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a major plus
- The ideal candidate will be creative, highly motivated, and able to operate effectively in multiple cultural contexts.